Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Exchange Party

I mentioned in my last post that the necklace I was wearing was courtesy of Laura Fairchild via an Accessories Exchange Party.  It was the first party like that I've hosted.  Four of us brought out accessories we were not wearing anymore.  We sorted them into like piles: belts, scarves, earrings, necklaces, bags, etc.
  
I hadn't really sorted out how to let people pick and choose so it was a bit awkward but we all selected a few items.  Wish I'd read this first:


http://fashionlovespeople.com/2009/08/04/how-to-host-a-clothing-exchange-2/ 
I took the items we did not exchange to the Career Closet in San Jose. www.careercloset.org/
"We are an organization designed to empower women to re-enter the workplace equipped with everything they need to make a great first impression and land the job they want."


 43 E Gish Rd # 100  San Jose, CA 95112-4817
(408) 451-1200


I asked the lady there what they needed most.  Jewelry, watches, handbags, bras.


What is lurking in your drawers and closets?

No comments:

Post a Comment