Tuesday, February 28, 2012

TGBM Tally Red and Blue Kimono top




Thrifted: nothing (shocking!)
Gifted: nothing
Bought: 1) Red patent leather Cole Haan loafers (2008?) 2) Jeans (2011)

Made: 1)Reversible kimono style top / blue and red side (2010?), 2) red long sleeve t-shirt underneath (2011), 3) Red drop earring (bead store 2011)

The pattern is one of my favorites.  I've made it 4 times and three of those I made it reversible.

It is the "Crossroads Jacket" by Lorraine Torrence for Grainline Gear, see link below.

I made it reversible by making two jackets where the cuff and collar are shared by both.  I sewed up the sleeves: sleeve-cuff-sleeve and then put one inside the other and treated it as a regular sleeve.

Everything else I just sewed two layers at a time treating them as one layer.  Where there was a seam I covered it with bias tape (easy to make yourself).  I have tube ties on both sides at the very bottom of the collar.

Great for traveling as I can have 4 tops by packing 2.

http://www.lorrainetorrence.com/shop/Patterns/grainline-gear-patterns/p/Crossroads-Jacket.htm


1 comment: