Friday, June 1, 2012

Display stand? & TGBM Tally & Tux

Yesterday I took another trip to S.C.R.A.P.

(Scrounger’s Center for Reusable Art Parts - see 3/10/2012 post for details or http://www.scrap-sf.org/

  up in San Francisco to drop off some donations and look around.

That place is fascinating!  I found a couple parts that I think I can put together as a basis for a small display stand for bags.  One is a 4.5' tall thick wooden dowel and the other is a large wooden drum hoop minus the drum leather.  This ought to be entertaining.  I still need a heavy base to mount it on so I'm off to Goodwill to see if I can locate an old round wooden cutting board or something similar.  I also purchased a burlap (coffee) bag to wrap the dowel with.

I think scrounger must be my secret middle name. 

TGBM Tally:
Thrifted: blouse (2012)
Gifted: Nada
Bought Retail: Loafers (2011), Earrings (2010)
Made: Lined skirt (2011)

AND...

I picked up a 100, yes 100 year old tux jacket with long tails from a friend so I can reline it in zebra print silk for her.  What a treat to have a chance to work with a garment like this.  It looks to have been custom made and has a label inside one of the pockets with the owners name and date (1912).


No comments:

Post a Comment