Thursday, June 21, 2012

Down and out and then out and about

Hello,

I've been out of commission with a shoulder problem so not sewing as I thought I would.

Today we went up to San Francisco to meet friends for dinner, and arrived early to do some investigation into potential bag outlets. George and I looked around Noe Valley and Hayes Valley.  I found two potential opportunities!

1) We ran into Jill Pilot of Ricochet Wearable Art and it turn out she rents space in her store @ 1610 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402 at very reasonable prices.  Jill is truly talented and I had the pleasure of seeing a trunk show of her one-of-a-kind reworked clothing items at PenWAG.  I've also run into her at several shows and I am always impressed with what she manages to create newly out of existing garments. She has a great sense of style.  B.T.W. Jill will be at the Canada College show in September (see the "Bay Area: Save the Date" side bar)

2)  We stopped in at R.A.G.s Residential Apparel Gallery a store owned by Blakely Bass located at 541 Octavia St., San Francisco, CA 94102.  Blakely's gallery features all local California artists.  She mentioned some of their better selling items are wallets and similarly sized bags (large bags not so much.)  This reminded of an idea I had about making evening bags adorned with vintage pins.  Hmmm, I have a stash of materials already so this is a no brainer to try out.

In addition I've been working on a business plan and I'm finding out what I don't know/haven't decided yet.  I can see where I need to focus.

This Friday I start my Fashion Entrepreneurship class at Canada - timely!  Now I just need to get this shoulder problem cleared up so I can sew comfortably.

P.S. Jo Paganini - thank you for all the wonderful jeans and garments, I got them from Jordan this weekend.

TGBM Tally for Dinner Out:
Thrifted:  Black jaquard jacket (2012)
Gifted: Necklace (George bought from the artist @ the craftswomen's festival in SF 2011)
Bought Retail: Shoes (2010), Jeans (2011), Earrings (2010)
Made: Nada

No comments:

Post a Comment