Monday, January 12, 2015

Peggy Blouse Pattern in progress


This blouse may look familiar, it was featured in Threads Magazine.  I'm in the process of writing a pattern for it which means I also need to make illustrations.

As you can see I'm testing out colors and patterns to best represent the actual garment.  I'm using Prismacolor markers which render color nicely.

Soon my drawings will improve dramatically as I am registered for Advanced Illustration at Canada College in Redwood City, CA.

Description: Develop advanced fashion rendering skills and figure styles using a variety of media and drawing techniques to create original fashion illustrations. Emphasis is on developing flair, movement, and attitude in the fashion figure. Drawing flats, specs, floats, and fabric renderings are also covered.

My instructor is Kathleen McCarney.  I took beginning illustration from Ms. McCarney a couple semesters ago and was absolutely amazed at the quality of figures I was able to draw by the end of the semester.  I'm looking for a similar level of transformation this time too.

Here is a draft drawing from last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment