Sunday, August 9, 2015

In progress, the Rebecca shirt dress

I've always been partial to shirt dresses. 



I think they look great. When I feel cranky about what to wear a shirtdress is my go-to item. I feel polished and they are comfortable and easy to wear.

I've been experimenting for a future pattern (The Rebecca Dress).  So far I like knee length which looks good with flats.  I don't know about you but I can't do heels anymore. 

I'm using sleeves for the skirt and most of the sleeves are not quite long enough to go from waist to knee so I'm supplementing the length at the bottom.

Check out the price on the shirt!  ($5.39)

Most dress shirts in my area sell for between $5 and $9.  So for a three shirt dress - $27 max, such a deal!  

Upcycle sewing is green and economical. Plus, you get a garment that is unique, almost guaranteed. 

Happy Upcycling!  




No comments:

Post a Comment