Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Rebecca Dress Release? Paganoonoo Progress

You may be among the folks wondering why the Rebecca Dress pattern has not been published yet. I worked on prototypes last year, loved it, couldn't get it done in time for Puyallup, hoped to get it out last month and did not.

Work has been in progress and the pattern is close. There have been  a number of contributing factors to the missed deadline.  One is that our extremely talented illustrator, Jessica, left Paganoonoo to take on a movie illustration assignment. Good for Jessica, not good for Paganoonoo illustrations. 

I've been speaking with some possible illustrators as well as folks to help with pattern writing.  I can see that my design capacity far outstrips my pattern development capacities.  And like most artists the part I want to do most is design.  

Which also brings me to Paganoonoo as a business. The last 1.5 years has answered the question of "Do I have a business?"  Most certainly yes!!!!  We've reached some amazing milestones:

Published: Threads Magazine, Issue #177

"Paganoonoo.com" Website Launched

Patterns: 6 garment and 2 accessory patterns published

Etsy and Craftsy online stores launched and doing great

Talks/Workshops Given: PenWAG,  Haute Couture Societe Frenso, ASG Santa Rosa, Sewing/ Stitchery Expo, Puyallup, WA!!! (3 sold out sessions),  Canada College Fashion Dept.

Fashion Shows: EcoFashion LA, Haute Couture Societe Fresno, PenWAG, Canada College, Facebook Farmer's Market

Sales Events / Venues: Sewing+Stitchery Expo, Puyallup, WA, 
Artistry in Fashion, Canada College Redwood City, San Jose Quilt and Textiles Museum

Exhibits: San Jose Quilt and Textile Museum: Fast Fashion, Slow Fashion

Social Media:  Blog at 95K page views, Pinterest 11.8K followers

Nancy's Notions is now selling 2 Paganoonoo patterns.

There is much more I could mention, including all the wonderful people I've met.  It's been amazing, rewarding, fulfilling, a dream come true, and I can envision so much beyond what's already been done. Just about every day I wish I'd accomplished more.

Sometimes I have to remind myself to take the time to breathe and that growth strategies and directions don't need to be decided this very moment.  Patterns will be released, even if not today.

Thank you for being great customers, friends, mentors, support (especially George and Jessica), and inspiration.  Stay tuned and Happy Upcycling!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment