Friday, August 10, 2018

Flannel - it will get colder, I promise! Ashlee Blouse

 


Hi, I am Michelle Paganini, upcycle sewing* guru and pattern maker.

It is a bit hard to imagine that fall is near, given the heatwave across the globe. Yet the air will turn crisp before long. If you are planning your fall wardrobe, consider upcycling a flannel shirt into a Paganoonoo "Ashlee" design.

The one I am wearing above is my comfy go-to choice with jeans.  I brought it with me to wear at a sewing show only to discover that I had not finished the front closure for the empire waistband.





















Since the show wasn't open yet I quickly looked at the other vendor's wares to find something to use as a closure.  I found this cluster of cherries with a pin back, which I still use, LOL.
This blouse also pairs very well with the Paganoonoo "Judy" flower instead of cherries.

*Upcycle sewing means starting with already constructed garments instead of flat fold cloth. This blouse started as three dress shirt which were disassembled and reassembled by following Paganoonoo upcycling instructions.You start with a shirt that fits your shoulders and chest to get a custom fit!

Happy upcycling!

Michelle

P.S. If you would like to be on the Paganoonoo mailing list, never sold or shared, and... see new example garments, get links to my video tips, hear about sales, new patterns and events, please click here.

www.paganoonoo.comFollow me on Pinterest, Upcycle sewing tips on YouTube, join our upcycle sewing group on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment