Saturday, February 29, 2020

Refashion Runway week 6: contestant Michelle Paganini

Hello, I am Michelle Paganini.  You may already know me from my business, Paganoonoo, or appearances on the syndicated PBS TV show

Lucky me! I juried into Refashion Runway hosted by Beth Huntington a.k.a. "The Renegade Seamstress. It is an online 6 week challenge to refashion with the emphasis for each week selected in advance, much like Project Runway. There is winner each week, based on votes (like yours) 50%, and 50% judges choice.  You can vote for your favorites once a day, every day, Sat - Friday.

This weeks challenge is "Kentucky Derby Hat"
I found the perfect hat at my favorite thrift store, the Happy Dragon.  The beaded heart coasters also came from there.  I knew I needed some height so used a photo holder that holds my business cards at sewing festivals. It is adorned with my earrings.
   
I hand stitched on each heart.

The finished hat...

 The flower was borrowed from a vase in the house.  The rhinestone pins cover a gap between the heart and flower.
Paired with a red dress, crystals and a rhinestone pin I am ready to go!  The dress is upcycled.
This was a fun challenge
P.S.  Find out more about Michelle and shop Paganoonoo upcycle sewing tutorials at www.paganoonoo.com 

2 comments: