Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sedona and the color wheel

We are in Sedona, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  The soil is a luscious orange/red and the plants lean towards a sage green. 

I've been reminded as I look at the landscape what a powerful combination colors on the opposite side of the color wheel make.  The landscape practically vibrates. 

George, as usual, has been taking stunning shots so I can share this amazing phenomena with you.


























When planning a color blocked upcycle garment you'd like to be an attention grabber, use colors from the opposite side of the color wheel.  


 These photos barely do justice to seeing the colors in person.  I've seen southwest color combinations many times but feel like I've never really understood them until now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment