Thursday, December 3, 2020

 #duster, #cottagecore, #grandmacore, #cowgirlstyle, #prairiestyle

Recently I used my Michelle pattern and a made dress entirely of men's dress shirts. It turned out too long in the front, so I ruched the front section even with the back hem.  I liked the effect, but now my knees showed!  Not my best feature, hmmmm.

I had some vintage lace* that was donated by friend, yards and yards of it. About 2" long, it would add just what I needed.  So I added lace to the hem.  I had cut the sleeves down and they were awkward - not short but not ¾ length.  I added lace to the sleeves as well to solve the problem and tie in the hemline.

Too lazy to take off my overalls I modeled it on top of them and shared with my facebook group ( and they liked it better as a duster than a dress!  Live and learn, lol.

Here it is in all it's glory.  The fabulousness of this design is the endlessly long inverted sleeve pockets.

* BTW the lace had become discolored and yellowed with age. A trick I learned is to soak it in Oxiclean overnight, starting with hot or boiling water.  Worked super well.

Happy Upcycling!


No comments:

Post a Comment