Hi, I'm Michelle "Paganoonoo" Paganini
And I've been upcycling for about 14 years now. I started designing and writing Paganoonoo Upcycle Sewing Tutorials 11 years ago and still sell them on Etsy.
To this day I can't stop thinking about, researching and talking about upcycling a.k.a.refashioning. And not as often as I like, I'm in the sewing room creating.
Where do I engage in community and/or get inspiration?
1) Facebook groups, including and not limited to:
2) On Upcyclers.com founded by Gia Carrascos. Gia is building a one-stop-shop for fashion upcyclers.
They have worldwide upcycled fashion contests for cash prizes. The current contest is for $750, entry period runs from July 1 to September 26, 2026, with the top 10 most-loved finalists and ultimate winner announced on September 30. Check out the current entries. To sell on the platform create an account with them here.3) On the Skool Platform in an upcyclers-only group founded by Mandy Wildman called the Fashion Rebels. The group has all kinds of community interaction, projects, calls, more so than many kinds of social media.
4) Pinterest. Completely addictive and my favorite place to get quickly inspired. I have extensive upcycling boards.
5) YouTube, especially everyone's favorite upcycler, Traci Myers! and I have my own Paganoonoo channel.
6) Etsy to see what kinds of upcycled garments and accessories are for sale. So many artist's work to choose from! Paganoonoo Store Check out the upcycled hoodie pattern from Karen Sullivan.
7) Instagram. I am mostly on facebook because of the easy interaction but truly enjoy Instagram too. When I find someone I like, I follow.
Seraching for keywords on almost all of these platforms will get you were you want to go, for example: upcycled denim, dress shirt diasassembly, repairing inner thighs on jeans, etc.
Where do you go online for upcycling ideas and inspiration?
#upcyclers #thriftflip #upcycledfashioncontest #tracimyershandmade #fashionrebels #upcyclers #pinterest #upcyclersofinstagram #sullysupcycled
No comments:
Post a Comment