Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bead Show and Cuff Class

I enjoyed experimenting with parts of beaded garments while working on developing the beaded cuff class for the Santa Clara Bead and Design Show last weekend.

In addition to making bracelet starters I made a collection of charms, bits backed with parts of an upcycled leather jacket.  I've given a few away as thank you gifts, a little something to keep on a desk and bring smiles. 

Here are the stages of bracelet making, starting from the bottom and working up. 

4) Glued onto leather and then trimmed
3) Knit fabric trimmed away, closures attached

2) sewn onto knit fabric


1) trimmed from the garment

Class participants choose their starter beaded fabric
and began working.


Their results were fantastic!




We had a great time.  I would love to do the class for you too!  If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and gather a minimum of 6 and up to 12 people I will put on a class for you.  Of course I'm happy to teach with guilds and in other venues as well. 


You can reach me at michelle@paganoonoo.com. 


Other highlights from the show...

My booth neighbor Sally is delightful and oh so talented!  She has perfected the art of jewelry making with vintage jeweled watch parts, both the faces and the works inside. Truly one-of-a-kind upcycled jewelry.









Another vendor, Robin, makes art that I completely adore!! This cute fish is mine.  I covet all the rest.
 







 



 Bahira made this bag from FABMO fabric and embellished it with beads. Wow!  I will defiantly be trying this technique on upholstery fabric.  (Details on FABMO here)


I combined beads and buttons for a neckline embellishment
 

I purchased a bead collection from an estate sale.  The upcycle above is my first foray into using these beads.  At this rate I will need to live another 100 years to use them up.  


Although I will be able to use many of them, there are quite a few I will sell as I can't use them for my purposes.  Perhaps on my Etsy shop.

Happy Upcycling!
 Michelle

P.S. here are Paganoonoo's upcycle sewing instructions, available in the Etsy Shop:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete