Wednesday, August 23, 2017

On a t-shirt transformation roll - Featuring the Paganoonoo "Ellie" Instructions


 I'm preparing for Artisty In Fashion, a terrific wearable art show on September 23, 2017 at Canada College in Redwood City, CA 10:00 - 4:00.


This year I plan to focus on selling upcycled t-shirts based on the Paganoonoo "Ellie" Instructions.

I found this terrific graphic t-shirt of the band Tower of Power.  

I added front knit pockets, and a shirt sleeve lower back.  

These are in-process views with the lower back still un-hemmed.

I'm a sucker for strong colors and red, black and white is a favorite combo for me.  

The best thing about this pattern is that you gain hip, belly, and thigh room.  I don't know about you but at a certain age I started to put on weight in the belly.  Given that I already had a generous derriere and thighs I started to have real trouble finding anything that fit my bust and had enough room for my lower half.
 


 For this one I combined two t-shirts.  One said "keep calm and kill zombies" and the other said "I wrote code so you don't have to".  I liked them better together.

Living in Silicon Valley there is a large population of lady code writers.  I'm hoping a few come to Artistry and fall in love.

I added a bit of detail on each sleeve.  The flowers are hand stamped with beads placed in the centers.

Another great bold graphic, this time for Martin GuitarsThe back is a small pleated skirt.  I love the spirograph pattern. 
   


 
Adding a bit of detail to the sleeves and
on the sides completes the look. 
 And last but not least, an icon...
What a fabulous photo of Madonna!
I added a 3D flower on the sleeve.
The back is made from parts of a dress shirt.

 I enhanced Madonna's image using seed beads on the eye highlights, a sequin & seed bead on her mole,
and then added red lips. The bead accents show up more in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment