Saturday, January 21, 2012

Close up of original jacket buttons and new buttons

It's a bit hard to tell but the new buttons are good quality silver colored metal which is awesome because they will make my silver jewelry pop.  These new buttons also upgrade the look of the jacket making it look much more expensive.

This reminds me of one of my favorite ways to inexpensively bring a kitchen more up-to-date: replace the hardware on the cabinets.  Three things really date a kitchen or bathroom and are relatively easy and inexpensive to replace (compared to a remodel).

1) cabinet hardware
2) faucets
3) light fixtures

Bathroom bonus #1 (more expensive) - replace old shower doors
Bathroom bonus #2 (inexpensive)  - replace the toilet seat (without replacing the whole toilet)

Similarly for the rest of the house:

1) light fixtures
2) door knobs (and front door hardware)
3) light switches and covers

Once upon a time I bought a townhouse and was in the process of replacing the half bath door handle and locked myself into the half bath.  Friday night, no one else coming home that night. Too long ago for cell phones.  I remember thinking at least I have water and a toilet if I'm in here all weekend.  I think it took me over 30 minutes to figure out how to get out. ha ha. Seemed like an eternity probably due to the sheer embarrassment of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment