Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Damask Tablecloth Bloomers/ Palazzo Pants

 
Vintage linens!  I find them irresistible. A beautiful red/pink damask tablecloth inspired me to make a pair of Bloomers/ Palazzo Pants.  With holes I got it for the bargain price of $2.

 I carefully folded and laid out the tablecloth to take advantage of the selvedges and frayed edges. I used a modified Tina Givens Jaqueline pattern.
 
I then worked on patches for the holes. A vintage quilt top (poorly sewn together) provided some of the patches.


I hand stitched the patches in place, quilting the quilt top pieces as I went.  The Easter chicks added a bit of fun.

The last patch was from a small embroidered napkin(?) 

Loose fitting and quite comfortable, the waist is finished with a t-shirt drawstring in a casing.
The other parts of the outfit include the rayon top, earrings, bracelet, shoes - all purchased from other artists and a thrifted necklace. 





Happy upcycling!  Michelle

P.S.  Learn how to refashion clothing with my Paganoonoo upcycle sewing instructions - shop here.  We set you up for success!

P.P.S.  Create simple upcycle sewing projects with free video tips!  I show you how to add a double color to a dress shirt, combine color and pattern with confidence, shorten sleeves to ¾ and add a decorative cuff, and more!  Register for free today!

No comments:

Post a Comment