Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Introducing Noor Bchara and the Upcycle Design School

Noor and I have been following each other online and recently connected. It turns out we have complimentary businesses in that I design upcycled clothing that can be used to make small batch production and Noor's school is for folks who would like to know how to start an upcycled fashion business.

I will be doing a free zoom meeting with Noor on Thursday June 17, at 10:00. I will cover general info about Paganoonoo, have a video trunk show and a demo on how to make the Ashlee. register here


I'll let Noor explain more about her business...



Hi, I’m Noor Bchara

I am the founder of Upcycle Design School where I offer on-demand video classes specializing in the scalability of upcycling and repurposing. I’m also an adjunct professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City where I teach about Upcycling and Repurposed design. My goal as a designer is to keep as many garments out of landfills as possible. 

PURPOSE OF BUSINESS 

Upcycle Design School’s mission is to provide inspiration, knowledge and community to our fellow
creatives around the world. It's about sharing resources, ideas, materials and
inspiration about upcycled fashion. 

OUTLINE OF COURSE AND RESOURCES

Upcycle Design Masterclass is about the opportunities and challenges of building an upcycled apparel or accessories brand. As the concept of upcycling gains popularity worldwide, I created this class to demonstrate how to successfully launch and scale an upcycled apparel or accessories brand, based on my own experience of founding NOORISM, a repurposed denim brand and teaching about Upcycling at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.

This course promises to give you the tools to successfully launch and scale your idea for an upcycled apparel or accessories brand.

I made a lot of mistakes when I first started NOORISM, so I created this class to help others avoid making those same mistakes I did. Upcycle Design Masterclass is designed to teach people how to take their upcycled idea and turn it into a real business that can scale and grow. 

It consists of 4 modules of on-demand video lessons along with access to bonus reading materials, worksheets and templates.

Module 1: TERMINOLOGY AND INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE

Module 2: SOURCING RESOURCES AND MATERIALS

Module 3: SCALING AND STREAMLINING PRODUCTION

Module 4: BRANDING AN UPCYCLED PRODUCT OR BUSINESS

Video Tour: https://youtu.be/mZ-d9yvvj_o


TESTIMONIALS

"Noor is truly the queen of upcycling! She has taught me so much about how to be resourceful and find the most efficient ways to create new garments from recycled materials. She has a ton of knowledge about the fashion industry and garment production and has dared to approach it in a more sustainable way with her brand NOORISM. She has also constantly encouraged me to think big and be a savvy business woman. She is an incredible innovator, and a great mentor to have!”

Aly Reinert, Founder/Designer, The Untrend Shop

@theuntrendshop

theuntrendshop.com

"Before this class I had no idea where I was going with my upcycling business, now I have a purpose and direction to take it in. Noor was very supportive of everyone's ideas while still being realistic and providing helpful critiques."

Eileen O'Brien, Designer, Renew Embroidery

@renewembroidery

"Noor's in-depth approach to upcycling, both through her brand and her courses, is thorough, original, thoughtful and comprehensive. She takes into account not only the raw materials she carefully selects but also the production methods and how to consciously scale sourcing and manufacturing, a challenge when it comes to upcycling. Her course is a must for anyone interested in building a business focused on upcycled design and can be applied to fields outside of the fashion industry even."

Tara St James, Designer/Consultant, Study NY & Re:Source

@studyny

study-ny.com

LINKS

https://www.upcycledesignschool.com/free-guide

Upcycledesignschool.com

IG: @upcycledesignschool

info@upcycledesignschool.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment