Sunday, May 20, 2012

Inspiration and TGBM Tally

We went to the Conference for Global Transformation this weekend in San Francisco. Amazing, inspiring, almost overwhelming. There were about 700 attendees and the conference featured outstanding Keynote speakers, breakout sessions and posters. I will be spending the next few days sorting out what I heard. Last year I presented a poster on the impact of the fashion industry on the environment and all kinds of people were interested in the topic. That is a key part of what led me to create this blog.

My promise for the world is that by 2020 all people will experience living in a world of inspiration, innovation, beauty and creativity.

Where I am currently contributing is in the world of fashion design, specifically by making up-cycled jean bags. It has been my experience that people are inspired by the creativity of the bags and that for some people recycling clothing is an innovative concept and there is beauty in the texture of old jeans. Who knows where this venture will lead.

Conference program: http://api.ning.com/files/9sxg2ymGWVY6Apw504jvXUgtJ-qXP1Z5WOaRufuT4xaAvx3pssfKn-LPtB8X3i1SoR-SXzmkdqL-MmZuKCiIK8w*XeFYRsEC/CGT12program1.pdf

TGBM Tally:
Thrifted: blouse 2011
Gifted: necklace 2012, bracelet 2005
Bought retail: jeans 2011, shoes 2010, earrings early 1980's, shawl 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment