Saturday, April 14, 2012

I went to Discarded to Divine at the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco last night with some friends. (One night show only)


What fun!  Here I am standing next to one of my favorite outfits - killer design and construction.


Notice the beautiful jacket I am wearing?  It was a gift from Jo Paganini this Easter.  She told me her father bought it for her mother when he was in Japan and her mother had worn it only once to a military ball.  It's been in storage in the closet since then.  Jo very generously pulled it out of storage and passed it on to me.  What better event to wear it to than a celebration of recycled clothing.


My Tally:
Thrifted: blouse (2012), pants (2011) - Consignment: belt (2010)
Gifted: Vintage silk calf-length jacket (2012), earrings (1999?), necklace and pendant (2004?)(2008?)
Bought retail: Shoes (2011)
Made: None


I received compliments all night long!  Thank you again Jo.


What treasures are hidden on your closets?

No comments:

Post a Comment