Saturday, March 10, 2012

S.C.R.A.P. San Francisco






I went to visit SCRAP in San Francisco
(Scrounger’s Center for Reusable Art Parts) 


Wow! recycling at its finest.  


People donate their unused art supplies and/or things that would be useful for art projects.  It is like a giant garage sale of art supplies and with garage sale prices!  


I came away with odds and ends, my favorite being a handful of photographs of animals (at a zoo? on safari?) that would make great greeting cards - oh the expressions on the animal faces! Yes, I make my own cards sometimes.


Sewers - they have buttons, patterns, fabrics (not always high end stuff I hear) but interesting.
I plan to clean out some of my supplies and take them when I go back.


http://www.scrap-sf.org/

One of my classmates in Wayne Wichern's millinery class at Canada College was a volunteer for SCRAP.  He says it is worth going daily as you never know what will show up. I think it is both a good and bad thing that I live too far away to visit more than occasionally.  I already have enough stuff, and yet I love the hunt and finding something new to excite my creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment