Saturday, February 11, 2012

Millinery class today!!!










I will attending a lecture by Bay Area millinery guru Wayne Wichern at the Pennisula Wearable Art Guild (PENWAG) meeting today. 

http://www.penwag.org/events.htm  http://www.waynewichernmillinery.com/index.htm

Following the lecture (which drop-ins can attend in Campbell, CA for $5, details on the link above) I'll be taking Wayne's class and making a custom hat very similar to this (the class is closed).

Lucky me I am also registered in the Millinery class Wayne is teaching at Canada College (Redwood City CA) this semester!  It starts in a few weeks.

I had a hat custom made for my wedding and wore it instead of a veil.  It was more expensive than the dress (which was not all that expensive) and made the entire outfit. It was also similar to the one above only cream colored with a beautiful red vintage flower. I still wear it occasionally : >.

I highly recommend PENWAG for anyone interested in wearable art.  You do not need to be any type of expert to drop in or join the group.  We have a fantastic lecture series.  We have about 200 members and regularly have 80+ attending a meeting. There is typically some sort of workshop (extra fee) after the meeting/presentation.  The fees are quite reasonable and the content outstanding.  Because we are such a large group and we pay our speakers we have nationally and internationally known speakers.   Join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment